- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 small zucchini or summer squash, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup parmesan or other hard, grating cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley, basil, or thyme (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream or milk until whites are thoroughly broken up and the whisk lifted out of the bowl drips egg with no globs clinging to it.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add zucchini or summer squash and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cheese, herbs, and pepper into the eggs. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Return pan to stove. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and let sit until hot. Pour in egg-vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until lightly browned on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Heat broiler, arranging a rack 6 to8 inches below the heating element.
- Put frittata under broiler and cook, watching constantly, until frittata is set and top is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Run a silicone spatula around the edges, gradually working under the frittata until the entire thing is loose from the pan. Slide onto a serving plate and serve immediately.