Balsamic Chicken with Peppers and Onions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- fresh ground salt crystals & peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bell peppers(use a mix of colors)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat, turning once for a total of about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add 2 remaining tablespoons of oil to the skillet and cook peppers and onions, stirring often until just softened.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in basil and vinegar and return chicken and juices to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasonings.